This week I said good bye to my summer job for the third time. Trading my kacki shorts and polyester shirt in for a 15 pound back pack and many bus rides. 

I took of of work a few days earlier than I needed to so I could visit college friends I otherwise would not see for some time. I had packed my laptop three outfits a coloring book crayons portable chargers snacks water bottles my hour to hour date book and a commic book for the ride. Some of these items proved to be more useful than others. 

The trip begins at the train station in my town 6:15 in the am heading to New York penn station. Walking from penn to the bus turminal went smoothly I played ingress and racked up some good points while seriously draining my battery. 

The wait for the bus should have been about twenty minutes but there was issues so a rescue bus had to pick us all up. This delayed my trip by an hour (I have to call the company for a refund because on principal I’m mad I waited an hour in line and caught such a early train.) I did meet nice people in line though. A father and son were going to Boston harbor for whale watching, a women from the Soviet Union told me that if she could move to America at 19 I could definitely pull off spending four months in Scotland and the bus driver told stories of working in a group home before getting this job. 

Once on the bus my only complaint would be the wifi it was too weak to get anything done. The trip felt really long and I fell asleep for about an hour. The little girl behind me threw up and made things a bit less pleasnt but I felt bad for her and no one said anything except her mother. 

Once off the bus I found my way to Ben and we settled int a small park 

This was a nice place to tan and chat while waiting for tinder Ryan to get into the city. 

We walked around got lunch and soaked up historical Boston. This was mostly a walking day and with my pack pack felt like real Excersise. 

When time had come Ryan went his way and left Ben and I to find the orange line of the t. We took it to the end in a car filled to capacity. Stop after stop the standing room became less cramped and eventually there was room to sit  

Bens dad picked us up and his family had made a magnificent vegi fiest  🍝🍴  salad with peppers and avagodo and such  pasta with Alfredo Sause and mixed vegi tables (brokilo peppers tomatos and more. ) I hung w his fam and chatted until it was bedtime. I read some of the new harry potter play with Ben and slept poorly but for a long amout of time. 

Morning was breakfast and walk in the woods followed by shower and short wait for my ride. 

Wade picked me up from bens house and brought me down to Rhode Island where I spent two days and one night. We talked the whole ride over an hour. Catching up and really noticing how much we would miss having the friend on the team and at work and just in the same time zone. But we know that the phone will always work (even if it’s a FB message) he stopped me at sky let’s man tion which was a surprise to both of us. All three of us play quiddich and hung for a while the house art your is fanominal with her mother being an artist and making all the work displayed in the house. I should have taken pictures of the art but missed my opertunity. Wade left and we made grilled cheeses and face painted and painted on rocks.  

Once the time bad come around I was dropped off at the beach where justin works and got to walk around it in the summer. I have been to scarbourough many a time in the fall winter and spring but in the summer it’s alive. Color from the sun and beach accessories and breathing with the life of staff and visitors. I was starting to fall in love with the state I go to school in for the second time. 

Justin brought me to uri to hang w him and Kyle. We explored the new chemistry building and made jokes. Things went fairly smoothly considering the dynamic and how bad they could have gone. 

Come 6:30 we left to go to a dinner party my sorority fam was hosting. I was late but not the fashionable kind the way Kyle had been thinking I would be. Like everyone else was almost done with dinner and I walked in. But there was a nice zukini and sweet potato medley for supper. I had a sister remove my splinter from a few days before. Played with my big’s dog and grand big’s cat and after dinner was picked up by dan mataus. 

Dan brought me to a rock beach and eventually all the way south in the woods of Rhode Island to see Chrissy. 

We caught up and slept. In the morning I had Mac and cheese and fruit snacks. We dropped her brother in law off at work and me in providence. I hung out with a friend I know from many things Vigina monologues amung them. We gossiped over make up in sephora and she got me to the bus stop in time for my uri paper work at the deans but all the other offices were closed after I did the first chore so I met up with wade and played ingress and bumped into some friends and ate zukini sticks with ranch. Deep fried like a mottzerella stick quite good. 
Next was the train station to get me to mystic and meet up with cap. 

I spent the longest with them we had dinner at a diner and watche you tube and in the morning made eggs that were hatched by the family’s chickens in the back yard. 

We went swimming and had ice cream and traded mix tapes and got to hang out like friends. In the way that we didn’t need to do anything because having eachother was the best way to spend time. Both of is are shortly moving and changing everything and this was a time capsle of us right now.  

 Leaving to get on the final bus home after waiting around the casino for pick up was the worst part of this trip. It ment that it wa going to end. I would not see these friends for months and I had to face the reality back home of leaving the country for nearly four months. I cried on the bus as it pulled out of the station.  

This trip brought me back to a quote I fell in love with last summer. Don’t cry  because it’s over smile because it happened. ~dr. Seuse



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s