Let’s review what I said last year and see how I did
Resolutions to be achieved in 2015
- Being less judgmental (recognize when it happens and make a mental note to stop doing that) I think that will be a life long struggle, there has been some improvement but not enough for me to feel completely great about it. I really forgot I had this goal after like February.
- Read more (for school and for fun) YES I did this well text books were read in their intirety and that was not it. I got a kindle and don’t use it as much as I should but it made keeping a book in my bag so much easier. I shoved small books under the register at work this summer. I am proud of the reading I got done. (And while concussed I listened to some great audio books for early readers like goosebumps.)
- School-strive to prioritize and do better Yeah, as my classes get more demanding I am finally getting better at school and balancing, I had the worst academic semester last spring and then my second best this fall. So for the first time in my college career I saw my GPA go up! And that was huge for me so it was not perfect but I have found a balance.
- Get out and meet new people (but keep bonding with the friends you have already made) I have mixed feeling here, I lost a lot of people but am trying to work on keeping the quality (so figuring that out) and less so the quantity. I met some amazing freshman this year and want to keep meeting new people, something that is really not hard for me.
- Keep blogging Yeah I did that, even when it was not easy, there were a few weeks were I omitted posting but I managed to put up 68 posts this year making my total posts on rachelrecaps 167.
- And finally (saving the best for last) do not use your phone when with people (especially friends) (unless getting an address or time check but nothing longer than a quick check when mandator). I consciously worked on this one all year and am content with the improvement made in the last year. I find myself getting annoyed at others and how over connected they are. I am working on myself a bit too but this resolution was so good for me.
New Years resolutions for 2016.
1 better quality work especially for blog posts.
2 stop casual cursing. It started in April it needs to end now.
3 keep up with the people who care and let go if those who don’t (which plays into #4)
4 soul search 2k16 I’ll add a link later.
5 the obligatory health resolution. Eat better work out more sleep responsibly and drink water ect.
6 I had this one last year too but I don’t want to forget it. (Work in progress.) Be present when with people and don’t use your phone as an escape. When you are alone you’re really feeling it so don’t distance when with People.
For tonight have fun be safe and welcome in the new year.
May 2016 be better than it’s little (2015) Cheers to the new year. 🎉🍸🎉
I was going to do something cute but I just got back from a xmas eve party and am drained. So If you celebrate Christmas good night and get ready for the presents under the tree and family and food the comes tomorrow. If you do not celebrate tomorrow happy holiday season. And for the less fortunate I go to sleep tonight praying for you.
Today is the passing point two years ago I posted my first message on wordpress. The weeks to follow were a journey into the unknown. After two years countless conversations and about 5 wordpress updates a grand total of 3125 views. Thank you for finding me or clicking on this blog site. It means so much to me. I can put myself out there and feel obligated to follow through with things as well as express to the world.
Thank you for a year that I really struggled through but the important thing is I made it through the year and it has been getting better. There are good days and bad days and really bad days I just want to have less really bad days. (Quoting the video my pill journey from a few posts ago)
I have distanced myself from the blog and the viewership shows. I want to keep blogging and I want to keep a more accurate account of what is going on. But more importantly when I do this post in a year I want to really have better quality in my posts. I have to get to that understanding in all parts of my life that the QuaLity is more important than the quantity.
I hope you stick around for the ride who know what it will bring.
Thank you for reading
Thank you for being in my life
Thank you for everything.
I hope to get more interactive think forward meet people self promote and fall in love with writing again.
I’ll post again real soon but right now I want to leave with a song.
It is the final stretch for the fall semester here at URI. I am saying goodbyes and fixing papers because i did not have real finals this year. I have a really ruff schedule for next semester but I can somehow do it because I believe I can and will compromise where needed to make the 19 credits of all science work. two soils classes, herpetology, grad level publishing sci. finding and wildlife bio metrics. The 6 of them will not be the death of me. I gave myself a “paper cut” on the pinky finger I am hesitant to call it a paper cut because it was from a metal dry erase board in my room.
I have had a pretty good semester but did not do a very good job of documenting it here because the not so good parts I purposely omitted and that caused me to avoid writing a lot of the time. There are other outlets I have been expressing myself in like crafting my clothing into obscure reference graphic T;s a project I have been thoroughly enjoying. (Than goodness i know how to iron sew and use puff paint)
This break for me is going to be a time to refresh my self. start forming good habits again and really get prepped for the crazy time that is to follow the rest. I am also looking into buying a used car that must be narrow!
It is just about time for me to figure out new new years resolutions and reflect on the old ones. I can only remember a few of them which makes me think I failed but I will review that next weekish.
Till I write again good luck on finals or school or life if that is what best applies to your situation. You can do it the holiday is almost here.
This week Has been so crazy I had two major essays, a final exam and two presentations. I am now one project away from this semester being over, I hope to bang out my GIS assignment tomorrow after work. I go home on the 19th but for now I get to stay on campus and watch how my load is significantly lighter than other people’s.
Like everyone else I procrastinate and maybe it is the time of year or my desperate need keep growing and expanding as a person but eithe way my procrastination findings this week have really settled with me.
The top three I want to talk about in order of shortest to longest time consumption.
- shortest. While scrolling through facebook I started watching a video which linked to another and another and before I knew it I lost twenty minutes of my life but four minutes of it really effected me. here is the link to a video called my pill journey. I have felt really depressed sometimes this year and it makes me feel so alone to a point where sometimes I have panic attacks if too many people are around me. It is so hard to talk about this because I really want to forget and let it go away. This video made me feel for people who are searching for the solution to their feelings and I have not gotten to a point of needing drugs to get by but “there are good days and bad days and really bad days”- which is something I took away from the video
- A short game I played through on steam. It was free and recommended because I liked life is strange and want to play undertale. So a strong story, single player choose your own decision based game called Emily is away was recommended to me. I downloaded it with out asking many questions. The game is a instant messaging simulator that deals with a true way that friendships can play out. I don’t want to spoil it but if you have a half hour to play a really cool Indy game and walk down memory land (2002 comes flashing back when the game launches the windows XP sound) play it or watch play through.
- One of the RA’s in my building who knows the kind of music I like because he likes the same genre will recommend bands to me. He recently asked if I knew the band Tokyo police club. A band I knew the name of because they were on tour with Said the Whale last year when I was in love with them but now that I am listening to TPC, it feels like my heart has opened up a little wider to make room for this new band to be up there with the front bottoms and modern baseball. I love music that has a cool sound and brings meaning to me. I have to hear TPC more before I can off handedly quote them but it’s rapidly growing on me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPej7JaKcjc
There is a decent chance that this is the last Fall I spend in RI and that is crazy to think about so I try not to. How have you been distracting yourself and what amazing life changing material have you found? Please share I would love to keep expanding my repertoire.
I can say that this november was full with surprises. And I can say that I did what was right for me in the moment. The last few months I have been having a hard time writing and I think it may be a good time for me to kick back and explore something else. I can always come back but I do not have the love for writing that was once there.
There is not enough time for me to do things that used to bring me happiness.
“Write hard and clear about what hurts”_Ernest Hemingway
when i have something hard that hurts I will be sure to write even if that is just for me. This year would be great for personal exploration where as last year was just so brutal I didn’t really know who I would be at the end of it and the fact that I have gone through so much to come back and be a person I like is a miricle. The dead weight had to be dropped and that lightened my load so exponentially that I am confident that this life is pretty groovy.
Happy writing and thank you for reading